Saturday, December 7, 2013

Moonwater: Save Point

Last night, I went to a gig-for-a-cause called Moonwater: Save Point, which is a musical collaboration between BuwanBuwan Collective and Young Liquid Gang. The gig was created for the benefit of the Typhoon Yolanda victims, having a donation jar out the whole night and selling their special limited edition sampler CD for Php100 ($2.27) a pop to raise funds.


The performers range from chillwave to vaporwave to trap music, giving us a taste of each of their genres. Their music is unique and out there, from a sort of bubblegum pop sound to a sound with an extremely loud bass that'll keep your heart pumping.

I'm very much old school, preferring music that's analog, with a real life guitar, bass, drums, the works, but I have a new found appreciation for the digital after seeing and listening these performers do their thing. And I have to say, it was my first time going to a gig like that and I don't think it would be my last.

Oh! And did I mention my boyfriend was one of the performers? Search localdiskc on Soundcloud to listen to his tracks.

In an unrelated note, the venue of the gig, TodayxFuture, is so cool. The venue is a bit small, but who could deny the hipsterness of the place?

The lighting is so trippy, it did light photography for me.

The walls? Black and white painted geometric lines.

And by the way, did I mention that they have a disco ball?

The whole experience was great! Good music and good company all in one awesome venue.

xoxo
- Kat :3

No comments:

Post a Comment