Saturday, July 19, 2014

DIY of the Day: Sail Mail

Today, I joined The Postal Society's July Challenge where the theme is nautical mail art.

Seeing as how I like keeping it simple, I stuck with a blue and white color scheme (with some splashes of color here and there).

Now, I present to you my entry entitled...








Let's start with the envelope. I drew on some curvy doodles and I included stickers to put the name and address of the sender and sendee to stick on the envelope.


As for the paper to write the letter on, they're just simple blank paper with a "Sail Mail" heading and a compass divider on the bottom.


Now, for the other special contents.

First up, we have an origami steamboat and instructions on how to make one. I've always been a lover of origami and I wanna put a little piece of what I love into my mail. Tee hee.


Second, three hand-drawn, hand-cut stickers made by yours truly.


Third, these pretty blue seashell tags.


And lastly, this postcard I designed myself. See the little wordplay I did there? Sail Mail. Get it? He he he.

front and back

And the font I used is super cute too! You can get it here.

I always love a good challenge and I really enjoyed making my DIY nautical mail art. It's creative challenges like these that keep my creative juices flowing.

Now the only question is, who do I send this nautical mail to?

xoxo
- Kat :3

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Whoever will receive this will surely be delighted!
    I came across your blog via the postal society forum and I think I'll have to follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Caddi!

      Thank you so much! :D I checked out your blog and followed you back. I really love your Postcards from around the World. :3

      Delete
  2. That`s super cute!!! I remember you even sent me a letter in the mail WAYYY before. Cutie <3 Whoever gets this letter will be pretty lucky; it`s so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god I remember that! *O* My love for snail mail has not receded. >:3

      I'm actually planning on sending you and Nichie some snail mail love soon. *U*

      Delete